Globema held the 17th annual Smart Geospatial Solutions Conference on October 14-15th 2015 at the Novotel Airport hotel in Warsaw, Poland. As every year, the Conference was a great opportunity to meet IT, telecom, utility and other industry experts. The event attracted over 180 participants and included 2 plenary and 5 technical sessions with 26 presentations total. At the 9 exhibition booths of Globema and Partners, over 40 software and hardware products were showcased live. Thank you all for joining!
The conference was opened by Marek Gondzio, President and CEO of Globema. Marek’s opening was followed by key note presentations, including:
- Energy infrastructure in The Netherlands – How the Dutch manage transmission and distribution of gas and electricity
by Maria Zolik, Enexis
- GE Smallworld 5 & GE Mobile Enterprise Suite – the new generation of geospatial products from GE Digital Energy
by Damien Wall, GE
- Google for Work – new technologies in development strategies of telecommunication industry
by Magdalena Dziewguc, Google
The following plenary session included presentations about FFA Performance Management, transition easement tools and rights-of-way support in Smallworld GIS, among other subjects.
Oktoberfest dinner party at Bierhalle Brewery & Restaurant, famous for its own, locally brewed beer, was the main attraction of the conference. The dinner was just a prelude to many Oktoberfest-related attractions, such as: brewer tales, beer tasting, live Bavarian music, brewery tour and beer bottles cap contest (time trial).
Day 2 – Towards technology & industry-specific applications
The second day of the event begun with two sessions: Data Capture & Migration and Technology Session that were followed by the parallel Technical Tracks covering presentations for energy, utilities and telecom operators. The agenda of the second day was also full of lectures related to network inventory and asset management systems, network planning and design, mobile workforce management & smart grid solutions, among many other subjects. There were also many guest presentations by Globema’s Customers and Partners, including:
- The process of stocktaking and maintaining of power grid inventory including LV network by Dorota Sobon, & Artur Ozga, Polish Energy Group and Dariusz Laskowski, Globema
- Automation of conversion and migration of complex spatial data in various formats – selected FME case studies from utilities and telecoms by Ken Bragg, Safe Software
- Rapid Data Acquisition and Precision Measurements of Field Assets and Structures with ikeGPS’ GE MapSight and Spike Solutions – Product Premiere in CEE by Brian Soliday, ikeGPS
- Benefits from implementing complex geospatial solutions basing on the advanced Dell technologies by Klaudiusz Zaganski, Dell & Marek Godala, Globema
- The Fenix Project – GIS and IT infrastructure modernization through fiery renovation by Jaap van der Zalm, Enexis
- Dynamic Transmission Management System – conclusions from R&D project carried out together with a TSO and two DSOs by Bolesław Mostowski, Procesy Inwestycyjne (Investment Processes) & Tomasz Gulczyński, Globema
- Prosumers and microgrids. Forecasting energy production, energy demand and energy sales in the Cloud by Dariusz Baczyński, Warsaw University of Technology & Artur Lesiak, Globema
- Field service optimization during the heating on/off seasons with work force management system by Lukasz Pawlowski & Anna Jakob, GPEC Gdansk (district heating company)
- Unification of network asset management processes at PEC (district heating company) with dispersed, multi-city area of operations by Tomasz Pietka, ECO Opole (district heating company)
- Creating and using comprehensive geospatial business analyses in utilities by Bogumila Roszkowska, MPEC (district heating company) & Piotr Eljaszak, Globema
- Multi-tenant Network Inventory System to support HFC network design and documentation by Krzysztof Sidor, UPC
Day 1 & 2 – Software & technology exhibition
Traditionally, during the Conference there were presented the latest products and technologies offered by Globema and Partners. This year’s exhibition consisted of 9 conference Booths – Globema Booths (dedicated to various industries & various technologies, including GE Smallworld and Google GEO) and Partner Booths by Dell, NTI, Intel & ikeGPS. During the whole event our team have conducted over 50 software showcases.
This year’s exhibition included also premieres on the CEE markets of:
- GE MapSight, a Mobile field-data collection solution with laser range finder
- ikeGPS Spike, a laser accurate Smartphone measurement solution
- Topcon IP-S3, a mobile mapping system which offers high density and point clouds combined with high resolution panoramas. Due to the very high precision, IP-S3 is used to create Google StreetView™. Conference guests had the opportunity to see the solution live in action – a car equipped with IP-S3 was driving around the venue of the Conference.